TerryJ
Jul 14, 11:40 AM
Does anyone know whether the regular BluRay & HD-DVD players have HDMI connectors? Also, when is HDMI going to become more common on video cards?
Both BD and HD DVD players have HDMI connectors. (Except apparently the cheap PS3 player won't... and not sure about the XBox360 add-on.)
I have a feeling video cards won't be seeing HDMI, considering most monitors have DVI... and you can get a DVI to HDMI adapter anyway.
-Terry
Both BD and HD DVD players have HDMI connectors. (Except apparently the cheap PS3 player won't... and not sure about the XBox360 add-on.)
I have a feeling video cards won't be seeing HDMI, considering most monitors have DVI... and you can get a DVI to HDMI adapter anyway.
-Terry
ABernardoJr
Apr 2, 08:41 PM
I believe! But I'm still not buying one.
"This is what we believe. Technology alone is not enough. Faster, thinner, lighter...those are all good things. But when technology gets out of the way, everything becomes more delightful...even magical very nice. That's when you leap forward. That's when you end up with something like this."
Now THAT'S what I call marketing... :D
"This is what we believe. Technology alone is not enough. Faster, thinner, lighter...those are all good things. But when technology gets out of the way, everything becomes more delightful...even magical very nice. That's when you leap forward. That's when you end up with something like this."
Now THAT'S what I call marketing... :D
NickK1066
Jun 23, 09:17 AM
iOS would need a considerable amount of additions to replace OSX.
Currently iOS does not allow third parties to add drivers for their own attaching products to make services etc available for multiple applications.
MIDI is one such example.
Currently iOS does not allow third parties to add drivers for their own attaching products to make services etc available for multiple applications.
MIDI is one such example.
satcomer
Jun 23, 11:01 AM
If the put touch into iMac then my arm will become tired from reaching up to the screen for hours on end surfing.
NathanMuir
Mar 21, 01:57 PM
Can they really be this geometrically illiterate? Or is it just a misquote?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12802939
I suppose this begs the question 'How would you prefer they quantify the No Fly Zone?'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12802939
I suppose this begs the question 'How would you prefer they quantify the No Fly Zone?'
bilbo--baggins
Jul 15, 03:18 AM
I think it's important for OS X to support Blue Ray as soon as possible, and to me it would seem crazy to not at least offer it as a BTO option when the Mac Pro is launched. Maybe if it's going to be in the PS3 then then high volume purchases will make it cheap enough to put into at least the high end Mac Pros as standard. Looking at the current prices of �800 then obviously that's too expensive to put in as standard.
It seems everything gets integrated these days, for example DVD+RW and DVD-RW both still exist (even though + is more popular and cheaper) so I would assume that sooner or later there will be writers than can work with both HD-DVD and Blue Ray.
Although I really would benefit from Blue Ray discs NOW, I couldn't afford it at current prices. However, I would be very disappointed in Apple as a company if they didn't have it as an option. The top of the range model should be the flagship of the very best and latest technology. Some people will have the money and will be very let down if Apple doesn't deliver.
It seems everything gets integrated these days, for example DVD+RW and DVD-RW both still exist (even though + is more popular and cheaper) so I would assume that sooner or later there will be writers than can work with both HD-DVD and Blue Ray.
Although I really would benefit from Blue Ray discs NOW, I couldn't afford it at current prices. However, I would be very disappointed in Apple as a company if they didn't have it as an option. The top of the range model should be the flagship of the very best and latest technology. Some people will have the money and will be very let down if Apple doesn't deliver.
0010101
Nov 28, 12:47 PM
I think it's way to early to make any judgments regarding Zune sales. Let's see what the numbers look like after Christmas.
5 years ago, Zune, in it's current form, might have been a hit.. but not in todays market. Especially considering folks who have lots of money tied up in MP3's aren't going to be real interested in throwing them away, and starting all over again.. or spend countless hours converting thousands of files.
I don't find it ugly, but I sure don't care for the brown color. What I noticed most about the Zune is that it feels and looks cheap in person. Like what i'd expect a mockup or prototype unit to look and feel like. From a distance, it looks fine.. you get close up, and.. well.. not so nice.
Almost like they rushed it to market in time for the '06 Holiday buying season.
Apple has the portable MP3 player market locked up.. with models in all but the lowest price ranges.. and the Zune sure is no immediate threat.
Comparisons of the Zune to the Xbox are not really fair.. they are two entirely different products.
Microsoft (as well as Sony and Nintendo) can sell the unit itself for at or below their actual cost, because where they make the real money isn't in selling the game console, but in selling the games and accessories.
With MP3 players, you have to make money on the product sale, because there is no guarantee the end user will buy all their music from your 'store'.
Zune specs are subject to change.. as are most retail products. Don't forget that when the iPod was first introduced, it only worked with Macs.. then they made a Windows version.. then finally they made an iPod that worked with either computer.
I expect a new version of the Zune by spring.. with new features, and less restriction.
5 years ago, Zune, in it's current form, might have been a hit.. but not in todays market. Especially considering folks who have lots of money tied up in MP3's aren't going to be real interested in throwing them away, and starting all over again.. or spend countless hours converting thousands of files.
I don't find it ugly, but I sure don't care for the brown color. What I noticed most about the Zune is that it feels and looks cheap in person. Like what i'd expect a mockup or prototype unit to look and feel like. From a distance, it looks fine.. you get close up, and.. well.. not so nice.
Almost like they rushed it to market in time for the '06 Holiday buying season.
Apple has the portable MP3 player market locked up.. with models in all but the lowest price ranges.. and the Zune sure is no immediate threat.
Comparisons of the Zune to the Xbox are not really fair.. they are two entirely different products.
Microsoft (as well as Sony and Nintendo) can sell the unit itself for at or below their actual cost, because where they make the real money isn't in selling the game console, but in selling the games and accessories.
With MP3 players, you have to make money on the product sale, because there is no guarantee the end user will buy all their music from your 'store'.
Zune specs are subject to change.. as are most retail products. Don't forget that when the iPod was first introduced, it only worked with Macs.. then they made a Windows version.. then finally they made an iPod that worked with either computer.
I expect a new version of the Zune by spring.. with new features, and less restriction.
Lord Blackadder
Mar 7, 05:18 PM
Indeed, I think you've also inadvertently described the perfect engineering challenge that todays manufacturers really should be embracing, but instead seem so reticent to take up. The most remarkable thing about the original Mini, wasn't its size, it wasn't its cost… it was the whole. And in that respect alone, I cannot think of one car today that is really in anyway comparable whatsoever.
I agree. If you look at "small" cars these days, they really aren't that small. Of course, what made the Mini special was packaging, and I don't think we've seen a revolutionary new "package" since the Mini.
The problem is Chevrolet is in a somewhat unique position in many respects here, it's a known brand, but by name only, usually as the carrier of good ol' boys... to a levy of course, when I think of a Chevy it's either something bright pink, with chrome… lots of chrome, or a pickup truck, not the rebadging of dreadful Daewoo cars. I suspect I'm not alone on that one.
And therein lies the problem. That and the Spark of course.
Chevy definitely has a lot of work to do to establish a brand presence in Europe - especially since Opel already covers so much territory with its lineup. Apart from niche vehicles like the Corvette, there isn't much of "American" Chevy that can make the transition to Europe. And in the long run, Chevy can't rely on rebadged Korean cars.
The Cruze is entirely inoffensive, and does the job entirely adequately by all accounts, as it should, after all it does have 4 wheels and an engine. Autocar likened it to the old Mk2 Seat Toledo saloon, and that's probably an apt comparison. Vanilla. Much like the rest of Vauxhall/Opel/Holden/Buick ranges etc actually. And that is a big problem for GM. A very big problem. One that almost sank the ship in the first place in fact. The captain might be different, but there's still no one at the helm.
Damning with faint praise! In the context of this thread I am happy to see a Cruze diesel come to the US, and I think the Cruze will be an improvement over previous GM small cars, but I don't expect the Cruze to be anything other than a cheap-n-cheerful small car - solid but unexceptional. It is true that their biggest problem is coming up with a reason to buy it over other similarly anonymous cars.
In typical Ford U.S. fashion you mean, fortunately, the profit making arm of Ford, i.e. the european division, produced the even better Mk2. ;)
And we never got to see it here. :mad:
While I haven't driven the Insignia over in Europe, the Regal drives solid and is very stable. So I don't think they did any modifications to the suspension.
A SPEED TV show went over to Europe to drive a US Spec Buick Regal and drove it on the autobahn and nurburgring.
I haven't had any experience with the new Regal, but on paper it certainly looks like a substantial improvement over the previous iterations.
I agree. If you look at "small" cars these days, they really aren't that small. Of course, what made the Mini special was packaging, and I don't think we've seen a revolutionary new "package" since the Mini.
The problem is Chevrolet is in a somewhat unique position in many respects here, it's a known brand, but by name only, usually as the carrier of good ol' boys... to a levy of course, when I think of a Chevy it's either something bright pink, with chrome… lots of chrome, or a pickup truck, not the rebadging of dreadful Daewoo cars. I suspect I'm not alone on that one.
And therein lies the problem. That and the Spark of course.
Chevy definitely has a lot of work to do to establish a brand presence in Europe - especially since Opel already covers so much territory with its lineup. Apart from niche vehicles like the Corvette, there isn't much of "American" Chevy that can make the transition to Europe. And in the long run, Chevy can't rely on rebadged Korean cars.
The Cruze is entirely inoffensive, and does the job entirely adequately by all accounts, as it should, after all it does have 4 wheels and an engine. Autocar likened it to the old Mk2 Seat Toledo saloon, and that's probably an apt comparison. Vanilla. Much like the rest of Vauxhall/Opel/Holden/Buick ranges etc actually. And that is a big problem for GM. A very big problem. One that almost sank the ship in the first place in fact. The captain might be different, but there's still no one at the helm.
Damning with faint praise! In the context of this thread I am happy to see a Cruze diesel come to the US, and I think the Cruze will be an improvement over previous GM small cars, but I don't expect the Cruze to be anything other than a cheap-n-cheerful small car - solid but unexceptional. It is true that their biggest problem is coming up with a reason to buy it over other similarly anonymous cars.
In typical Ford U.S. fashion you mean, fortunately, the profit making arm of Ford, i.e. the european division, produced the even better Mk2. ;)
And we never got to see it here. :mad:
While I haven't driven the Insignia over in Europe, the Regal drives solid and is very stable. So I don't think they did any modifications to the suspension.
A SPEED TV show went over to Europe to drive a US Spec Buick Regal and drove it on the autobahn and nurburgring.
I haven't had any experience with the new Regal, but on paper it certainly looks like a substantial improvement over the previous iterations.
thefourthpope
May 2, 07:38 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
As I'm sure others have noted, this jus seems less efficient than CMD-delete. I suppose more options are good, and I get this is a transition towards a more pervasive touch interface, but for computers with physical keyboards, this leaves me cold.
I always wanted a CMD-delete action for Dashboard; this seems like a step back.
As I'm sure others have noted, this jus seems less efficient than CMD-delete. I suppose more options are good, and I get this is a transition towards a more pervasive touch interface, but for computers with physical keyboards, this leaves me cold.
I always wanted a CMD-delete action for Dashboard; this seems like a step back.
SaMaster14
Jan 5, 03:30 PM
Nice car man. I had a P10 G20 with JSPEC Sr20DE and that thing would run low 15s with an automatic!

Flamingo Las Vegas and Donny

Las Vegas Nevada taking photo

LAS VEGAS SIGN (click image to

casino sign

Neon casino sign, Las Vegas,

Bonds ». A view of the

5#39; Welcome/Las Vegas Add-Ons

Casino Signs

Wynn Las Vegas Casino Gambling
BenRoethig
Aug 29, 08:59 AM
Those speeds line up exactly with the T5000 series of Merom.
ghostlines
Mar 23, 01:30 PM
I'm glad they aren't planning to discontinue this baby. I mean c'mon I still think alot of people use it. The more gigs the better, all your music all the time, anywhere. They just need to add bluetooth to it, I know it has space for a decent battery, so bluetooth wouldn't drain it too fast at all.
Dont Hurt Me
Sep 1, 01:35 PM
Talking about the iMac chin, isn't it time for a new-look iMac? I couldn't imagine a 23" wide chin :eek:They need to get rid of the chin, it looks like crap in my view so lets hope for a all new line and no more pod looking iMacs. I admit this sounds nice but would rather see a decent consumer tower.
stoid
Mar 18, 06:37 PM
Apple has had a small market share ever since Microsoft and IBM dominated the scene back in the early 90s. Apple cannot and should not try to compete on price. Instead, Apple should just continue to offer the superior computer using experience. Eventually, when people get around to buying their 2nd and 3rd computers, they will try to educate themselves and get something more than 'whatever works'. Then, they with find Apple and fall in love. Have you seen the videos about the Apple Retail Store openings? Name ANY other technology company that has support nearly that big from it's fan base. No, Apple is going to be around for awhile.
Cagle
Apr 3, 01:15 AM
Wow that's a little extreme
that's not extreme, that's pure nuts :eek:
great ad, very restrained, no bashing, focusing on great software, something apple really needs to do to make the ipad more than an oversized ipod.
hard to believe the same company signed off on the recent iphone ads. good grief....
that's not extreme, that's pure nuts :eek:
great ad, very restrained, no bashing, focusing on great software, something apple really needs to do to make the ipad more than an oversized ipod.
hard to believe the same company signed off on the recent iphone ads. good grief....
aross99
Apr 2, 08:19 PM
That's exactly how I feel and why I use Apple products. Great commercial.
My thoughts exactly...
My thoughts exactly...
Michael383
Apr 16, 10:28 PM
I learned how to drive with a stick shift car. Although I had access to an automatic transmission vehicle, I found a stick shift more fun to drive.
My current car has an automatic transmission, but a manual would be my first choice for a sports car.
My current car has an automatic transmission, but a manual would be my first choice for a sports car.
Reventon
Nov 24, 12:42 PM
Gran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition (PSN: copenmind, if you wanna race :D ).
fertilized-egg
Mar 24, 11:09 AM
For those of us with large libraries or store our music in uncompressed or at higher bit rates, the Classic is the only game in town.
There are still some quality HDD MP3s, most notably the Cowon X7, http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/01/cowon-x7-pmp-review/
There are still some quality HDD MP3s, most notably the Cowon X7, http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/01/cowon-x7-pmp-review/
JGowan
May 3, 01:08 AM
First of all, this looks like this only works when you are in LaunchPad mode so there, it makes perfect sense. I truly doubt the press/hold/jiggle works in the Applications folder, where it would be very out-of-place.
Imagine that Apple did not put in the feature there in LaunchPad which is suppose to be iPad-like... people would come out of the woodwork to piss/moan about how Apple was lame to not unify the process with the press/hold/jiggle.
Secondly, this only works for Apps that have been downloaded from the App store,... this is probably implemented so that when you say YES, delete this, it will then give you an option to rate the App while simply deleting the App with a Command-Delete or a drag to the Trash would not invoke such a Rating option.
Thirdly, it's not like Apple is taking away the other options of trashing an App. Use the method that you're like and MYOB and STHU. Honestly.
50% of Mac buyers are new users so they're use to this from iPhones/iPads/iPods. Let them be comfortable. I've been on a Mac since 1995 but I realize that Apple needs to help switchers be comfortable. All the changes to Mac OS X that I've seen so far, I'm really looking forward. If you don't want 'em. Don't upgrade. Oh... and STHU.
Imagine that Apple did not put in the feature there in LaunchPad which is suppose to be iPad-like... people would come out of the woodwork to piss/moan about how Apple was lame to not unify the process with the press/hold/jiggle.
Secondly, this only works for Apps that have been downloaded from the App store,... this is probably implemented so that when you say YES, delete this, it will then give you an option to rate the App while simply deleting the App with a Command-Delete or a drag to the Trash would not invoke such a Rating option.
Thirdly, it's not like Apple is taking away the other options of trashing an App. Use the method that you're like and MYOB and STHU. Honestly.
50% of Mac buyers are new users so they're use to this from iPhones/iPads/iPods. Let them be comfortable. I've been on a Mac since 1995 but I realize that Apple needs to help switchers be comfortable. All the changes to Mac OS X that I've seen so far, I'm really looking forward. If you don't want 'em. Don't upgrade. Oh... and STHU.
Blue Velvet
Nov 28, 01:22 PM
Honestly, why does M$ keeps trying to "innovate" on each and every market, instead of just focusing on the PC platform?
Because they fear the iPod and what it — and its ecosystem — may potentially evolve into; becoming a platform in its own right, particularly with the convergence of multimedia in the home.
Because they fear the iPod and what it — and its ecosystem — may potentially evolve into; becoming a platform in its own right, particularly with the convergence of multimedia in the home.
Dr.Gargoyle
Aug 29, 12:52 PM
I'm thinking something similar. 3.5x8.5x8.5. Basically a larger MacMini with a 3.5" hard drive, dedicated graphics, and video chipset similar to the Miglia TV Max.
Exactly!!!
I media center like this would sell like crazy... small, simple and elegant. Just imagine how many switchers you would get at the same time.
Exactly!!!
I media center like this would sell like crazy... small, simple and elegant. Just imagine how many switchers you would get at the same time.
poguemahone
Jan 12, 07:45 AM
Hi
As much as I want to see a Apple home server coupled with a few Terra to hold our ever increasing amounts of crap and Apple TV to boot...I don't think I will see it...
but is this maybe the AIR angle
http://www.macrumors.com/2007/07/19/ipod-or-iphone-media-remote-control/
Pog Out
As much as I want to see a Apple home server coupled with a few Terra to hold our ever increasing amounts of crap and Apple TV to boot...I don't think I will see it...
but is this maybe the AIR angle
http://www.macrumors.com/2007/07/19/ipod-or-iphone-media-remote-control/
Pog Out
relimw
Sep 6, 10:45 AM
Please explain to me who would buy a mini and why?
I just don't get it when a imac is close in price with a monitor.
What am I missing?
I have two minis, one of which is running headless, one is running with one of my extra monitors. Why would I want to buy yet another monitor? Besides which, if you're using them as a "poor man's build farm" you don't need superdrives.
I just don't get it when a imac is close in price with a monitor.
What am I missing?
I have two minis, one of which is running headless, one is running with one of my extra monitors. Why would I want to buy yet another monitor? Besides which, if you're using them as a "poor man's build farm" you don't need superdrives.
No comments:
Post a Comment