Small White Car
Apr 12, 09:21 PM
Which was understandable back in 2003 but with today's machines it was downright sad you had to 'wait while rendering'.
Hey...forget about Final Cut Pro rendering...it was the Compressor exporting that mattered more to me! It was so frustrating to see a 20 hour render using only half of my computer's resources. I'm more excited to see how that all works now.
Hey...forget about Final Cut Pro rendering...it was the Compressor exporting that mattered more to me! It was so frustrating to see a 20 hour render using only half of my computer's resources. I'm more excited to see how that all works now.
BlizzardBomb
Sep 1, 12:41 PM
My Guess:
iMac 17" - 1299
1.83 GHz
512MB RAM
160 SATA
8x DL
ATI x1600 - 128
iMac 20" - 1699
2.0 GHz upgradable to 2.16
512MB RAM
250 SATA
8x DL
ATI x1600 128 upgradable to 256 (As is already)
iMac 23": 1900 x 1200 - 1999
2.16 GHz upgradable to 2.33
1 GB Standard
250 SATA upgradable to 500 (as 17" and 20" is)
8x DL
ATI x1600 256
FW 800
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't say upgradable on 17" and 20" hard drives because we already know that.
In a dream world I'd say the 23" vCard would go to the x1800 or something
Hmm... the problem with that line-up is that when consumers see the shiny new advert saying "Meet the new iMacs" they'll look at the clock speeds and say "What new iMacs?". I think it would be reasonable for Apple to offer...
17" iMac - $1,199 - 2 GHz, X1650 Pro 128 MB
20" iMac - $1,599 - 2.16 GHz, X1650 Pro 256 MB
23" iMac - $2,099 - 2.33 GHz, X1650 Pro 256 MB
iMac 17" - 1299
1.83 GHz
512MB RAM
160 SATA
8x DL
ATI x1600 - 128
iMac 20" - 1699
2.0 GHz upgradable to 2.16
512MB RAM
250 SATA
8x DL
ATI x1600 128 upgradable to 256 (As is already)
iMac 23": 1900 x 1200 - 1999
2.16 GHz upgradable to 2.33
1 GB Standard
250 SATA upgradable to 500 (as 17" and 20" is)
8x DL
ATI x1600 256
FW 800
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't say upgradable on 17" and 20" hard drives because we already know that.
In a dream world I'd say the 23" vCard would go to the x1800 or something
Hmm... the problem with that line-up is that when consumers see the shiny new advert saying "Meet the new iMacs" they'll look at the clock speeds and say "What new iMacs?". I think it would be reasonable for Apple to offer...
17" iMac - $1,199 - 2 GHz, X1650 Pro 128 MB
20" iMac - $1,599 - 2.16 GHz, X1650 Pro 256 MB
23" iMac - $2,099 - 2.33 GHz, X1650 Pro 256 MB
PodJack
Oct 29, 08:37 PM
I bought and really like the Griffin Formfit. (http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/formfit-touch4g#)
P.S. It sounds like a good case for you hkim1983!
P.S. It sounds like a good case for you hkim1983!
ericinboston
Apr 26, 12:51 PM
"Amazon" is a generic term and should not be used for a store name.
Amazon is not a generic term. It is, however, the name of a single river on planet Earth...among a few other names/uses ("the Amazon", "Amazon basin", "Amazon Women").
Where else have you seen/heard the term Amazon in a generic sense? Some examples of a generic term are (at least have been generic over the past 75+ years):
light bulb
door
wood
lock
Amazon is not a generic term. It is, however, the name of a single river on planet Earth...among a few other names/uses ("the Amazon", "Amazon basin", "Amazon Women").
Where else have you seen/heard the term Amazon in a generic sense? Some examples of a generic term are (at least have been generic over the past 75+ years):
light bulb
door
wood
lock
AppliedVisual
Oct 24, 02:44 AM
they have another promo that runs from 10/17 - 1/22/07... i sure hope they dont wait for this to expire... although that is right around MWSF
shortly it is... only 9 more hours
Yeah, the restarted the printer offer last week and it goes through January. The other promo is the .Mac one, also thru January.
The ones I was referring to that expire on 10/24 are the mail-in rebates offered through large retailers like Amazon. They still have to get Apple approval for those rebate programs as Apple sets prices.
Either way, we find out soon enough... Or at least I hope we do.
shortly it is... only 9 more hours
Yeah, the restarted the printer offer last week and it goes through January. The other promo is the .Mac one, also thru January.
The ones I was referring to that expire on 10/24 are the mail-in rebates offered through large retailers like Amazon. They still have to get Apple approval for those rebate programs as Apple sets prices.
Either way, we find out soon enough... Or at least I hope we do.
Mac Fly (film)
Sep 6, 07:11 PM
Quality is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more important to me, than price.
There I said it!
When I see those delicious trailers, I cry for movies like that. Please God make it happen. 720p would be unbelievable, but I would believe it.
There I said it!
When I see those delicious trailers, I cry for movies like that. Please God make it happen. 720p would be unbelievable, but I would believe it.
yukyuklee
Feb 25, 05:31 PM
Hey Veg,
Where did you get that lamp?
Where did you get that lamp?
Horrortaxi
May 2, 02:59 AM
I must have missed something. What does latin have to do with "Saving" Apple? :confused:
Nothing at all. He was showing us how smart he is. I tremble before his ostentatious display of knowledge. He is truly my superior. He doesn't need a point--that's how cool he is.
Nothing at all. He was showing us how smart he is. I tremble before his ostentatious display of knowledge. He is truly my superior. He doesn't need a point--that's how cool he is.
sth
Oct 23, 08:13 AM
If it can't support 4gigs of ram, it ain't worth the wait for me.:mad:
I've read that even the current MBP supports 4gigs.
Apple just doesn't offer it in their store since the CPU can only address around 3,2gigs (like every other 32bit cpu).
I've read that even the current MBP supports 4gigs.
Apple just doesn't offer it in their store since the CPU can only address around 3,2gigs (like every other 32bit cpu).
FearNo1
Apr 23, 01:35 AM
Interesting...location based ads like in minority report ;) Hmm but wouldn't that eat up your data, all of the querying going back and forth. That is one of the reasons why I don't have a smartphone
my guess is ... it is some future AdSpam thing Apple wants to implement such as how FaceBook and Google use to make money.
They goofed by not encrypting it and will likely change that
my guess is ... it is some future AdSpam thing Apple wants to implement such as how FaceBook and Google use to make money.
They goofed by not encrypting it and will likely change that
kelving525
Sep 19, 02:47 PM
ok sounds great. post a link I'll buy that for 99c until I find something I really like.
BTW What camera did you use to take the shot ? Makes it look much more than 99c
http://cgi.ebay.com/Silicone-Case-Cover-Skin-Apple-iPod-Touch-4-4th-Gen-/360297195747?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item53e362e8e3
And I used a Nikon D5000 with 50mm F/1.4G lens. :cool:
BTW What camera did you use to take the shot ? Makes it look much more than 99c
http://cgi.ebay.com/Silicone-Case-Cover-Skin-Apple-iPod-Touch-4-4th-Gen-/360297195747?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item53e362e8e3
And I used a Nikon D5000 with 50mm F/1.4G lens. :cool:
socamx
Jan 12, 10:46 AM
Take a look at this:
http://flickr.com/photos/peteryan/2187596838/
Personaly i think it's fake, because of the non-capital letter on the begining of the second sentence... but who knows it could be true the disposition of the this so called macbook air is quite original and not in the tradicional way laptop upside down opened a little...
It looks exactly like the 15 inch Macbook Pro. You can clearly make out the cd drive, the IR port for the remote and the button to release the screen.
http://flickr.com/photos/peteryan/2187596838/
Personaly i think it's fake, because of the non-capital letter on the begining of the second sentence... but who knows it could be true the disposition of the this so called macbook air is quite original and not in the tradicional way laptop upside down opened a little...
It looks exactly like the 15 inch Macbook Pro. You can clearly make out the cd drive, the IR port for the remote and the button to release the screen.
hogo
Sep 15, 06:16 AM
and who cares...
Surely
Nov 27, 07:05 PM
Haven't started Christmas shopping yet (unlike Surely) so I haven't got any good karma, but nevertheless picked up a new pair of jeans for myself. D'oh. :(
I haven't started yet either...... just taking advantage of this weekend's sales. :D
Also, I just bought this office chair from Office Depot:
http://static.www.odcdn.com/pictures/us/od/sk/lg/301437_sk_lg.jpg
It's ACA approved, so my back also approves.
I found a 20% off coupon online, so yay.
I haven't started yet either...... just taking advantage of this weekend's sales. :D
Also, I just bought this office chair from Office Depot:
http://static.www.odcdn.com/pictures/us/od/sk/lg/301437_sk_lg.jpg
It's ACA approved, so my back also approves.
I found a 20% off coupon online, so yay.
logandzwon
Apr 26, 02:15 PM
At the end of the day, I believe this is going to court.
I think the heart of the case will be hinged on proving if "app store" and/or "appstore" was in common use before apple applied for the TM. It does not matter in the least what "app" is short for, or what it means, or who used it for what. Only "appstore" or "app store."
If they were to concede it was unique, but argue that it is NOW generic, I'd think they'd lose, (because Amazon and Microsoft seem to be ones generalizing it.)
I think the heart of the case will be hinged on proving if "app store" and/or "appstore" was in common use before apple applied for the TM. It does not matter in the least what "app" is short for, or what it means, or who used it for what. Only "appstore" or "app store."
If they were to concede it was unique, but argue that it is NOW generic, I'd think they'd lose, (because Amazon and Microsoft seem to be ones generalizing it.)
farmboy
Apr 19, 04:44 PM
25-pin parallel port and floppy disk or I'm not buying.
vartanarsen
Apr 21, 12:04 PM
great. This is exactly what I want my senators to be working on.
inkswamp
Apr 3, 02:45 PM
Isn't that a Verizon ad, not a Mototrola one?
People keep whining about the "Droid" commercials but that is Verizon's branding and line and has nothing to do with the manufacturers. Look at this Droid Incredible commercial by HTC (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNz1qfJc9z4U) (this one too (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZkcODD6Zaw)) and then see what Verizon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwzKFDkb0MI) did to it.
I'm not so much questioning who's behind the Droid and Xoom ads, but mainly pointing out that Apple is going 180-degrees with their ads by contrast, de-geeking things and making them more accessible. Sure, the Xoom ads are really freaking cool looking but that's mainly for geeks. But for the average consumer, the ones who aren't turned on by flashy, sci-fi imagery where tablets become hovering ships and users turn into robots, which do you think is more inviting?
People keep whining about the "Droid" commercials but that is Verizon's branding and line and has nothing to do with the manufacturers. Look at this Droid Incredible commercial by HTC (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNz1qfJc9z4U) (this one too (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZkcODD6Zaw)) and then see what Verizon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwzKFDkb0MI) did to it.
I'm not so much questioning who's behind the Droid and Xoom ads, but mainly pointing out that Apple is going 180-degrees with their ads by contrast, de-geeking things and making them more accessible. Sure, the Xoom ads are really freaking cool looking but that's mainly for geeks. But for the average consumer, the ones who aren't turned on by flashy, sci-fi imagery where tablets become hovering ships and users turn into robots, which do you think is more inviting?
GregA
Mar 22, 04:10 PM
An email from Steve Jobs (edit: last September) isn't exactly recent...
That said, I do think it's possible that Apple might re-invent the classic. If they want cloud portability with some data stored on MobileMe, all on the "personal cloud" via back-to-my-mac, some on my iPhone etc - then a really large portable device might be very popular.
ie: For someone who regularly uses large data files and programs, and moves between machines on different networks - being able to place an iPod Classic (plus bluetooth & NFC?) next to any random Mac and have full access to all your programs and files WITHOUT needing an Internet connection could be really useful.
That said, I do think it's possible that Apple might re-invent the classic. If they want cloud portability with some data stored on MobileMe, all on the "personal cloud" via back-to-my-mac, some on my iPhone etc - then a really large portable device might be very popular.
ie: For someone who regularly uses large data files and programs, and moves between machines on different networks - being able to place an iPod Classic (plus bluetooth & NFC?) next to any random Mac and have full access to all your programs and files WITHOUT needing an Internet connection could be really useful.
rmhop81
Sep 7, 05:41 PM
well the problem is that sub accounts cannot exist without the main account and main account has to be renewed every year. so this essentially means i cannot use family pack by myself for 5 years.
i never said that u could go 5 years off one family pack. i simply posted those bc people were complaining about apple's price....newegg is cheaper so order from there for the exact same product....
i never said that u could go 5 years off one family pack. i simply posted those bc people were complaining about apple's price....newegg is cheaper so order from there for the exact same product....
Morod
Apr 21, 11:34 AM
It doesn't take long for crap politics to enter a thread....
marksman
Mar 25, 05:57 PM
naysayers are probably more concerned with the fact that you can't look at the tv screen while fumbling for the touch controls on the ipad; physical buttons enable the player to just feel for the controls, without having to look down and miss the action on tv. the only games that would work for this are racing games, where you just tilt the ipad.
what a world of difference some buttons would make <sigh>
Not really. Properly designed controls on touch screen will be just fine... You will see...
Anyone who thinks that the long-term viability of the IOS ecosystem as a significant home game player because of the lack of hard controls is just missing the picture.
I can't figure out why some people think you have to look at the screen of a touchscreen device to use it to manipulate things in a game world. Between rotation and movement of the device itself with properly placed buttons you can do a lot with it, none of it requiring looking at the touch screen.
I suspect most people could distinguish between the lower left corner of their device and the upper right corner, for instance, without looking at the screen.
what a world of difference some buttons would make <sigh>
Not really. Properly designed controls on touch screen will be just fine... You will see...
Anyone who thinks that the long-term viability of the IOS ecosystem as a significant home game player because of the lack of hard controls is just missing the picture.
I can't figure out why some people think you have to look at the screen of a touchscreen device to use it to manipulate things in a game world. Between rotation and movement of the device itself with properly placed buttons you can do a lot with it, none of it requiring looking at the touch screen.
I suspect most people could distinguish between the lower left corner of their device and the upper right corner, for instance, without looking at the screen.
peakchua
Jun 23, 10:12 AM
i hope that apple will not implement touch screen **** due to other companies pressure. i would make 2 series. imac touch which has ok specs and a touch screen and imac pro which is HIGH SPECS, BEAUTIFUL DISPLAY, and cheaper. personally, i would like touch to be INTEGRATED not with ibitchos layer. (sorry kinda pissed apple is all IPHONE!!) if a touchscreen must be used, do not implement ios since its such a smartphone based os.
NAG
Jan 12, 06:24 PM
Thing is it would have to be cheap enough for a hospital to give out to all the doctors and such (I think we're using Epic now or something).
No comments:
Post a Comment