kellen
Jan 27, 09:57 AM
of course i got it fully loaded with Bose Sound etc.
Of course.
Just made me laugh reading that.
Of course.
Just made me laugh reading that.
blackghostknife
Oct 23, 11:29 AM
New MacBook Pro's and video iPods for some, abortions and miniature American flags for others
Yeah, um... what?
And I think I'll take the former...
Yeah, um... what?
And I think I'll take the former...
vitaflo
Nov 28, 11:15 AM
Microsoft lost billions on the Xbox and likely to lose hundreds of millions on their Zune attempt. iPod sales have been profitable for Apple since their introduction. How one measures success in this industry can't always be marketshare.
Given that the Xbox's market share was only about 20%, you probably can't use market share as a measure either.
Given that the Xbox's market share was only about 20%, you probably can't use market share as a measure either.

Tonepoet
Apr 21, 12:02 PM
It's not a terribly big concern for everybody I'll admit but for those it is a concern to, this is a sale killer for all of these little GPS enabled electronics. Their safety is worth waay more to them than some piddly little iToy or other GPS enabled microdevice. Even normal cell phones and credit cards allow for too much risk.
LethalWolfe
Apr 5, 01:57 PM
What are you talking about? iTMS not generating profit? Geez, check your facts!
You are the one in need of fact checking. Jobs has said in a number of interviews that iTMS will generate enough money to basically break even. iTMS is there to sell iPods, not to make a profit.
Lethal
You are the one in need of fact checking. Jobs has said in a number of interviews that iTMS will generate enough money to basically break even. iTMS is there to sell iPods, not to make a profit.
Lethal
guzhogi
Sep 1, 01:14 PM
I hope the resolution is higher on the 23" iMac than it is on the 23" Apple display. I'm sure the current Apple displays (of all sizes) don't go up as high as they could.
Anyways, weren't there also rumors of 42" Apple displays or something? Or are they waiting for HDMI to come more standard an video cards since doesn't HDMI handle higher resolutions than DVI? Just think of how high the resolution on a 42" screen would be like. 4800 x 3000? At least a dozen megapixels!
Anyways, weren't there also rumors of 42" Apple displays or something? Or are they waiting for HDMI to come more standard an video cards since doesn't HDMI handle higher resolutions than DVI? Just think of how high the resolution on a 42" screen would be like. 4800 x 3000? At least a dozen megapixels!
Benguitar
Nov 25, 09:37 PM
Couldn't you find a smaller Pelican case? I mean that's why everyone is up in your face :p
You couldn't find a slower Ferrari? :p
It was the smallest water/crush proof case they made.
They had smaller Pelicans that are the yellow/clear or blue/clear that are actually the size of sunglasses cases.
But, I just didn't want my glasses rattling around in a plastic case that will most likely scratch the lenses.
You couldn't find a slower Ferrari? :p
It was the smallest water/crush proof case they made.
They had smaller Pelicans that are the yellow/clear or blue/clear that are actually the size of sunglasses cases.
But, I just didn't want my glasses rattling around in a plastic case that will most likely scratch the lenses.
Maimon Mons
Nov 28, 12:02 PM
...here is a link (http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/11631/) to the CNN review of the zune. I wouldn't be surprised if they were payed by Apple given how it ends.
For what it's worth, the first zune on the amazon.com list shows up at #21 at the moment. Out of the top 10, 8 are ipods and the other 2 are sandisk models. Zune is beaten out by the 80 GB ipod in addition to the cheaper models.
For what it's worth, the first zune on the amazon.com list shows up at #21 at the moment. Out of the top 10, 8 are ipods and the other 2 are sandisk models. Zune is beaten out by the 80 GB ipod in addition to the cheaper models.
pkson
Apr 2, 07:29 PM
Such a great ad.
They should have done something like this and not the "well you don't have an iPhone" ad.
They should have done something like this and not the "well you don't have an iPhone" ad.
Choralone
Apr 19, 05:11 PM
I HAD YOU ALL BEAT:D
I'm GOING to upgrade from a slow single processor 867Mhz G4 from 2001 running Tiger with a 120GB+60GB HD and the ancient ATI 9000 Pro.:)
1 21.5 (or 24 please)
3.x Ghz Quad SB i7
8 GB (or 16GB)
2 TB HD
Ati 6000x series
etc etc:):)
So close... I'm going to finally upgrade from the dual 867Mhz G4 "Mirrored Door" from and am also running Tiger.
I'm GOING to upgrade from a slow single processor 867Mhz G4 from 2001 running Tiger with a 120GB+60GB HD and the ancient ATI 9000 Pro.:)
1 21.5 (or 24 please)
3.x Ghz Quad SB i7
8 GB (or 16GB)
2 TB HD
Ati 6000x series
etc etc:):)
So close... I'm going to finally upgrade from the dual 867Mhz G4 "Mirrored Door" from and am also running Tiger.
Dont Hurt Me
Mar 19, 03:23 PM
I don't argue that their strategy is wrong. They are a profitable, debt-free company. They obviously have some clue as to what's going on.
However, as a Mac lover on a budget, I hate only having the option of an iMac or an eMac. I dislike both of them. I dislike the design and I dislike that they are essentually unupgradable. If I am going to spend money on a product, I had better like looking at it. I also don't want to have to use a G4 MDD as it's old technology. Granted, it's life is far from over but I get the impression that Apple is telling me that unless I am willing to pony up $2500.00 - $3000.00, that my only options are either old or unupgradable products.
A Bargain PC may be a POS, but for a good group of people, it's all they can afford...and I am almost to that point. My old computer can only take me so much farther.this is exactley why marketshare has dwindled for Mac, they tell you its our way ( powermac) or if you dont submit then we will cripple the Hell out of the othermacs and leave you wanting, so the world says screw you Apple and buys a PC with everything they want in it and makes do with a OS that is less then perfect. This is why Apples new computer sales went to 1.7% of all new sales. Apple is a dictator mini monopoly.
However, as a Mac lover on a budget, I hate only having the option of an iMac or an eMac. I dislike both of them. I dislike the design and I dislike that they are essentually unupgradable. If I am going to spend money on a product, I had better like looking at it. I also don't want to have to use a G4 MDD as it's old technology. Granted, it's life is far from over but I get the impression that Apple is telling me that unless I am willing to pony up $2500.00 - $3000.00, that my only options are either old or unupgradable products.
A Bargain PC may be a POS, but for a good group of people, it's all they can afford...and I am almost to that point. My old computer can only take me so much farther.this is exactley why marketshare has dwindled for Mac, they tell you its our way ( powermac) or if you dont submit then we will cripple the Hell out of the othermacs and leave you wanting, so the world says screw you Apple and buys a PC with everything they want in it and makes do with a OS that is less then perfect. This is why Apples new computer sales went to 1.7% of all new sales. Apple is a dictator mini monopoly.
~Shard~
Sep 7, 11:47 PM
Most of the time when people refer to the 5th Generation of a model here on MacRumors they refer to their Machine as 5G or Gen5. The main reason for this shortcut is to avoid the confusion with the PPC chip G4, G5, etc.
For Example, as Shard points out above, referring to the new iMac as G5 is just wrong and confusing because of the obsolete PPC G5 chip. However it is much clearer if you refer to the new iMac as 5thGen or 5G.
Thanks for the additional insight digitalbiker, you're right on the money. :cool:
For Example, as Shard points out above, referring to the new iMac as G5 is just wrong and confusing because of the obsolete PPC G5 chip. However it is much clearer if you refer to the new iMac as 5thGen or 5G.
Thanks for the additional insight digitalbiker, you're right on the money. :cool:
triceretops
Mar 22, 10:53 PM
Is there an app in which the face of the iPod touch/iPhone has a digital scroll wheel on the bottom half and a screen on the top half to simulate the iPod Classic interface? Maybe that would be enough to satiate the holders on to the classic?
Hmmmmm:rolleyes:
Hmmmmm:rolleyes:
roland.g
Nov 27, 02:00 PM
I would say $199 would be the perfect price point to go with a Mini, even if Apple makes little to nothing on it, they won't sell that many because of the size. Now if it has a built-in iSight I can digest a $249 price point. No one is going to pay $299 for an Apple branded 17" LCD in today's market. There are too many cheapies out there.
Personally I wouldn't be interested. I am using my new Mini with an almost 7 yr old LaCie electron Blue 19" CRT and would never consider downsizing. The 20" ACD isn't attractive because it isn't that much bigger than what I have and the 23" is a little pricey at the moment, though the biggest reason I wouldn't get it is that I'll be getting a 24" iMac in the spring (preferably Black) and selling the Mini. That and my wife would kill me if I dropped a grand on a monitor.
Personally I wouldn't be interested. I am using my new Mini with an almost 7 yr old LaCie electron Blue 19" CRT and would never consider downsizing. The 20" ACD isn't attractive because it isn't that much bigger than what I have and the 23" is a little pricey at the moment, though the biggest reason I wouldn't get it is that I'll be getting a 24" iMac in the spring (preferably Black) and selling the Mini. That and my wife would kill me if I dropped a grand on a monitor.
iJawn108
Jan 1, 05:24 PM
I think we'll see QT 8 previewed.:D

kungming2
Jan 11, 09:42 PM
Not that the eraser head is that great of a pointing device, it's just that not having to move your hands from typing to moving to typing to moving is really convenient.
They could achieve the same by just merging the keyboard and trackpad together.
Seeing how many people complained about the new keyboards, a touch keyboard would generate even more flamed passions...
They could achieve the same by just merging the keyboard and trackpad together.
Seeing how many people complained about the new keyboards, a touch keyboard would generate even more flamed passions...
Homy
Jan 5, 04:31 PM
I dont get why people are saying we will get updates to MacBook Pros/iMacs, what will they be updated with?. The Core 2 Duo chips are still the newest chips from intel. Santa Rosa is yet to debut.
I dont see any updates to them im afraid at MWSF. Maybe we'll see the ultrathin MBP but i highly doubt it...The GPU Radeon X1600 in iMac is one year old now. It was launched Oct 5, 2005 by ATI. It would be a minor but yet important update.
I dont see any updates to them im afraid at MWSF. Maybe we'll see the ultrathin MBP but i highly doubt it...The GPU Radeon X1600 in iMac is one year old now. It was launched Oct 5, 2005 by ATI. It would be a minor but yet important update.
wordoflife
Nov 26, 05:44 PM
Swatch New Gent "black Rebel"
http://www.kstreetwear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Swatch-New-Gent-Watches-03.jpeg
Where did you buy that watch and for how much? I really like it :o
__________________________________________________________
Last purchase:
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/candycane-report/5.jpg
http://www.kstreetwear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Swatch-New-Gent-Watches-03.jpeg
Where did you buy that watch and for how much? I really like it :o
__________________________________________________________
Last purchase:
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/candycane-report/5.jpg

AvSRoCkCO1067
Jul 19, 10:51 PM
Source? :rolleyes:
MacOSRumors.
Dude. They're Completely Reliable. Obviously. Psssh. ;)
MacOSRumors.
Dude. They're Completely Reliable. Obviously. Psssh. ;)
NakedPaulToast
Apr 26, 01:19 PM
Pet Store was trademarked but later abandoned:
Trademark Electronic Search System (http://tess2.uspto.gov/)
You'll have to search the term pet store. I can't post a link to the specific record.
These things are commonly done. It may be a new concept to you so perhaps you should research the subject a bit.
"The Pet Store" != "Pet Store"
Trademark Electronic Search System (http://tess2.uspto.gov/)
You'll have to search the term pet store. I can't post a link to the specific record.
These things are commonly done. It may be a new concept to you so perhaps you should research the subject a bit.
"The Pet Store" != "Pet Store"
cav23j
Mar 22, 04:39 PM
I had made a point that it seemed like they changed the promo pics on the website page last year with album covers from albums released that year
is it normal for Apple to go and do that?
change promo pics of products mid/end cycle?
seemed odd
is it normal for Apple to go and do that?
change promo pics of products mid/end cycle?
seemed odd
PNutts
Sep 11, 09:23 AM
I'm looking for a sturdy one so I can let the six year old play games. It needs to be something Indiana Jones could climb into and survive a nuclear blast.
Just to get anything I ordered a $1 US case from Hong Kong but I'll keep checking this thread. I put a $1 Hong Kong case on our work on-call iPhone4 until the free Belkin PixelSkin HD comes in. Better than nothing and not much worse than some other higher priced silicone cases.
Just to get anything I ordered a $1 US case from Hong Kong but I'll keep checking this thread. I put a $1 Hong Kong case on our work on-call iPhone4 until the free Belkin PixelSkin HD comes in. Better than nothing and not much worse than some other higher priced silicone cases.
ajkrause
Sep 1, 01:52 PM
While I write this there are 176 posts already.
Since initially posted (3 hours ago), there have been an average .9 posts per minute with no signs of slowing. This rumor is really keeping everyone here quite entertained. Cheers to slacking off at work on a Friday!
edit: corrected "off"
Work? What's that? lol*:D
Since initially posted (3 hours ago), there have been an average .9 posts per minute with no signs of slowing. This rumor is really keeping everyone here quite entertained. Cheers to slacking off at work on a Friday!
edit: corrected "off"
Work? What's that? lol*:D
ChazUK
Apr 26, 01:58 PM
Matts Macintosh describes 1984 Mac System 1 comes with dash-board like widgets. Video:
http://obamapacman.com/2011/04/1984-mac-os-system-1-gui-apps-video/
Thanks for the video Consultant. Looks like my computing knowledge doesn't span back far enough. Are there any more videos or links that discuss the history of widgets at all?
My quick bit of searching has bought me to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desk_accessories and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widget_engine which implies that Apple may have been the precursor to modern desktop widgets.
Interesting stuff.
http://obamapacman.com/2011/04/1984-mac-os-system-1-gui-apps-video/
Thanks for the video Consultant. Looks like my computing knowledge doesn't span back far enough. Are there any more videos or links that discuss the history of widgets at all?
My quick bit of searching has bought me to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desk_accessories and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widget_engine which implies that Apple may have been the precursor to modern desktop widgets.
Interesting stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment